Six-Week IRA University Course
Independent Community Banks of North Dakota (ICBND) has partnered with Ascensus to offer the Six-Week IRA University Course. This course provides attendees with a solid foundation of IRA knowledge through a unique distance learning opportunity that combines self-paced eLearning modules with real-time webinars and access to an IRA social network. Also, after completing the course, attendees have an opportunity to earn their Certified IRA Specialist I (CIS I) designation at no additional cost ($299 value).
This six-week course includes a 90-minute weekly webinar session with an instructor followed by a self-paced, on-demand eLearning module. This blended learning approach gives you the flexibility to build IRA skills without the travel expense. Plus ICBND members will receive a 10% discount on their registration fee.
Webinar and eLearning Topics include:
- Getting Started Webinar
- IRA University guidelines and expectations
- How to access eLearning modules
- Exam requirements
- IRAs - Benefits and Contributions
- IRA definition
- IRA contribution eligibility, deadlines, and limits
- Tax advantages
- Establishing an IRA
- Opening an IRA and their documents
- Naming beneficiaries
- IRA Distributions Overview and Roth Distributions
- IRA distribution taxation
- Roth distribution ordering rules
- Documenting and Reporting Roth IRA distributions
- Traditional IRA Distributions
- Traditional IRA distribution taxation
- Required minimum distribution rules
- Documenting and Reporting a Traditional IRA distribution
- Differences between transfers, rollovers, direct rollovers, and indirect rollovers and their documentation
- Determining the transaction type
Who Should Attend:
- Those wanting to become a CIS I
- Those new to IRAs or needing a refresher on IRAs
- Frontline employees who provide back-up support to the IRA specialist
Registration for the full six-week IRA University is $1,199 per person and includes the CIS Exam at completion at no additional cost. ICBND members will receive 10% off this price by using the coupon code ICBND during registration.
For more information and to register go directly to the Ascensus registration page by clicking HERE. Remember to put your discount code in!