The future of community banking depends upon a new generation of bankers. These bankers will need to be progressive, technology-smart, legislatively-informed, community-minded, and knowledgeable of what their competition is doing. In addition, our future bankers must become experts at marketing themselves, as well as their bank products and services. And they must become leaders, not only among their industry peers, but in their communities as well.
The ICBND Emerging Leaders Development Program prepares today’s independent bank leaders with the necessary skills to ensure bank profitability. The Emerging Leaders Development Program provides its members the opportunity to develop lifetime business relationships with the best and brightest people in community banking across North Dakota. From networking with peers to political activism, members have the opportunity to help ensure the future of the North Dakota community banking industry.
Members will meet for one-day training sessions in both the winter/spring and the fall. They will also have the opportunity to attend the Emerging Leaders Summer Conference and the ICBND Annual Convention in August. Register today to join!
Emerging Leaders Development Group Annual Membership
For more information, Click Here
Emerging Leaders Development Program
Summer Leadership Conference: June 6-7, 2019
Fireside Inn & Suites, Devils Lake, ND
The ICBND Emerging Leaders Development Program Summer Leadership Conference is one of our most anticipated events each year. You can expect inspiring keynote speakers and two days of opportunities to connect and interact with your peers. This event is the ideal setting for forming personal and professional relationships with individuals in the industry who are at similar points in their lives and careers.
If you’re on the fence about registering this year, you should consider what others have said about past conferences:
- You can network and connect with future leaders of our industry, not to mention the sessions and programming are geared toward our professional and personal growth
- I would recommend every developing community banker attend the ELDG Conference. It’s the one event where you can strengthen your professional career and network with like-minded bankers.
- I have made some of the best professional friends through my involvement in the Emerging Leaders Development Group. This conference allows me to bounce ideas or ask questions of my trusted banker friends. Plus this group is so much fun to be around!
Even if you are not a member of the Emerging Leaders Development Group, you are welcome to register and join this great group for an amazing session!
All attendees will receive a copy of speaker Jim Bouchard's book "The Sensei Leader" . The books have been sponsored by Eide Bailly.
1 box of markers- 1 pointed scissors- 1 box of 8 jumbo crayons- 1 box of 24 crayons-1 package of glue sticks- 1 box of Kleenex- 1 bottle of school glue.
We will go as a group to deliver them to the school- Minnie H Kindergarten Center. Local news media will be on hand to take photos and report on the project. ICBND will also do a press release and send out to all participants local media.
You oversee your performance and career development. Discover new ways of working with your supervisor to build cooperation and achieve success that benefits both of you. Key points will include:
- Gain the respect that you deserve
- Increase your understanding how others are “wired” and find common ground
- Plan your career development by looking at strengths and areas for improvement
- Decide wisely on how and when to approach leadership
- Understand your manager and build a strong relationship
- Cultivate powerful communication strategies
- Develop your value to your organization
- Recognize the skills you bring to the team
- Learn how to have tough conversations with leadership, colleagues, and even customers
- Practice Verbal Aikido—when someone pushes your hot button
Over the past 30 years, Joyce Weiss has earned high praise from hundreds of businesses and organizations for her training and development programs that increased productivity, outcomes and employee engagement in stifled workplaces where conflict, bullying and other unhealthy workflow concerns occurred. Her communication strategies and tools have also assisted in the advancement of thousands of managers and employees to new leadership heights and improved their quality of life. Joyce is an internationally recognized Communication Strategist and Coach, who has a renowned track record for improving work environments and the quality of life for hundreds of her clients.
6:00 PM Evening meal & event at Proz Lakeside
7:30 - 9:15 AM Full hot breakfast buffet in hotel breakfast area
- Leadership Assessment: We’ll identify the leadership goals and challenges most important to YOU.
- Lively, focused discussion - this is a conversation, NOT a lecture!
- Learn to develop leadership skills at ALL levels, independent of title or position
- Deep Dive into the 8 Strategies and how to implement them
All attendees will receive a copy of Jim's book "The Sensei Leader" . The books have been sponsored by Eide Bailly.
Jim Bouchard is an internationally recognized speaker, Leadership Activist, and founder of the SENSEI LEADER Movement™. He provides interactive keynotes and leadership programs for community banking, credit unions, and cooperative audiences around the world. His articles are featured in CB Insight, CU Times and other periodicals and he appears regularly on TV and radio, including such programs as BBC Worldview and FOX news. He also hosts Walking the Walk, a leadership podcast highlighting compassionate, engaged leaders from all areas of business, diverse cultures and experience.
10:45 - 11:00 AM BREAK
11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Intangible It with Jack Stahlmann
- Learn effective strategies to make sure your message lands with difficult people...not that you have to deal with any of those!
- Discover your personal brand from an outside perspective and learn to leverage it for professional benefit
- Develop a new outlook on change through Jack’s “Just One Thing” mantra: shifting one small thing in your life at a time and not viewing changes as a full life overhaul
- Understand how to bottle the “it” factor that movie stars possess and follow the simple steps to bring that element to every event in your life.
As a professional speaker Jack Stahlmann has inspired and educated hundreds of organizations. Jack’s entertaining and informative presentations are built around his experiences in Los Angeles as an actor, producer, director...and of course, a waiter. In 2002, he launched his own production company which created several films that enjoyed international success. And as an actor his shining moment came in a co-star role on the CBS drama Cold Case where he played a wimpy park ranger. He also appeared on Days of Our Lives and several regional commercials. He has been a contributor to The Huffington Post where he muses about the business lessons we can learn from pop culture. Jack currently resides in St. Paul, MN.
12:30 - 1:30 PM LUNCH
- What are the differences in world view and economic that characterize each different generation in the marketplace
- What are the four critical factors that drive these generations
- How do you work with Millennials’ unique styles
- What are the differences between Gen Z and Millennials and how do they work differently
- How do you brand your organization based on the next generational trends
- What can you do to communicate better with them to create a more productive workplace and marketing plan
Jim Mathis is a bestselling author, International Platform Certified Speaking Professional, Certified Speaking Professional, and executive consultant. He has been writing, speaking and consulting for over 40 years internationally. Jim helps business leaders who want to reinvent their organizations in challenging economies. He is President of Reinvention Nation, LLC, based in Orlando FL and author of the best-selling book Reinvention Made Easy: Change Your Strategy, Change Your Results, as well as Reinvention 101: Bold Ideas on Reinvention.
4:00 PM Prize Drawings!
ICBND Emerging Leaders Development Group (ELDG) Annual Member FREE*
ICBND ELDG Spouse Last Minute Registration - After May 16 $225*
ICBND ELDG Alumni Last Minute Registration - After May 16 $325*
ICBND Members but not members of the ELDG Program Last Minute Registration - After May 16 $505*
For more information, Click Here