Independent Community Banks of North Dakota is pleased to once again sponsor the annual Community Bankers for Compliance Program (CBC). The CBC Program is the most successful and longest running compliance training program in the country. The CBC Program will provide your bank with up-to-date information on the ever-changing bank regulations, as well as guidance for structuring and maintaining your in-bank compliance program. In addition, it provides a forum where those responsible for regulatory compliance can discuss issues and exchange ideas with other community bankers.
Membership to the CBC Program consists of the following:
- Live Regulatory Seminars. A two-day live compliance seminar is provided each spring and fall. The topic is selected based on the most recent industry and regulatory developments which may have an impact on community banks. Each person attending the program will receive a detailed manual, written in full narrative, and sent electronically prior to the seminar date that they can retain at the bank as reference and training tool. Two regulations will be presented — one on each day.
- Quarterly Regulatory Update Webinars. A webinar will be presented each quarter. Each webinar will discuss current news and regulatory changes that may have an impact on community banks.
- Monthly Newsletter. The Compliance Update newsletter is sent to program members each month. It provides an update of compliance issues that impact community banks.
- Compliance Hotline. Members of the program may call the Young & Associates' toll-free number or visit their Web site on the Internet for compliance officer questions that arise on a daily basis. Young & Associates has many qualified professionals available to answer your questions. This service ensures that your bank is just a phone call away from the information you need in order to answer your compliance questions.
- CBC Members Only Web Page. This web page is reserved for banks that are registered members of the Community Bankers for Compliance (CBC) Program. In it you will find special and timely information and tools provided by Young & Associates, Inc., that can be used to enhance the regulatory compliance function at your bank.
To assure that CBC member banks are getting the most out of their memberships (whether it be the Basic CBC Program or the CBC Enhanced Program), the program is designed with flexibility in mind. We realize that job responsibilities change quite frequently within some banks, and for this reason, membership is granted to banks, not individual bank employees. This enables you to send your bank's compliance officer, as well as an additional representative as the topics apply to the various areas of the bank. By sending these representatives to the sessions that matter most to them, you are greatly enhancing the bank's ability to implement compliance throughout the bank.
Who Should Attend
The focus of the CBC is on regulatory compliance. It is essential that your bank's compliance officer attend. But because regulatory compliance should be approached from a team perspective, many banks have also found it extremely beneficial to send additional employees to sessions on topics that relate directly to their positions in the bank. These employees typically come from the customer service, lending, or operations departments in the bank. To support this team effort, the CBC has been priced to enable your bank to send additional employees at a substantial savings.
The Community Bankers for Compliance Program has passed the test of regulatory scrutiny. After the original program was developed in other states, the regulatory agencies recognized the increased understanding and ability to deal with regulatory issues by those bankers who were members. Since then, the program has received approval from the regulatory agencies not only for its comprehensiveness, but also for its practicality. Compliance Manuals When you attend a seminar, you want to focus on the material being presented. It is often too difficult, though, to listen to a speaker and write detailed notes at the same time. For this reason, the Community Bankers for Compliance Program manuals are written in full narrative. This also enables the banker to take the materials to the bank as a reference to the regulations and as a training manual for other employees.
The CBC is a proven method to reduce the risk of regulatory actions against your bank for reasons such as failure to establish a valid compliance management program, failure to establish compliance policies, failure to provide adequate compliance training, and failure to monitor internal compliance. In addition, with each change in regulatory compliance regulations, there is an increased risk of inadvertent compliance errors. The CBC reduces the possibility that these errors will occur because your employees will have a greater understanding of the regulatory requirements.
Most community banks do not have the time or money to build elaborate compliance systems, but there is a solution. The CBC Program will provide practical, user-friendly compliance techniques and explain how they can be related to all areas of compliance. For example, setting up compliance files, developing training programs, responding to the examinations, and resolving disputes are among the areas that are reviewed.
The CBC Program is designed to assist members in getting timely answers to their questions as well as testing techniques before implementation in the bank. The program provides a forum where each bank can be an active participant by asking questions and bringing concerns and compliance techniques for review by the group. This peer evaluation and two-way flow of information increases understanding and improves the bank’s effort toward a viable compliance program.
2019 Program Membership:
For members of Independent Community Banks of North Dakota, the price of the program is $1,500 per year. Or, your bank can send two (2) representatives from your bank for just $1,800 if you register in advance - that’s a substantial savings! Any additional attendees beyond the two preregistered will be $200 per 2-day session.
For banks that are NOT members of Independent Community Banks of North Dakota, the price of the program is $2,000 per year. Or, your bank can send two (2) representatives from your bank for just $2,300 if you register in advance. Any additional non-member attendees beyond the two pre-registered will be $300 per 2-day session.
Included in the program membership is:
- Attendance at the 2 (two-day) live regulatory seminars.
- Four (4) Regulatory Update webinars.
- Detailed manual for each two-day live seminar.
- Monthly Compliance Update newsletter issued electronically.
- On-line and toll-free access to Young & Associates for compliance questions.
Individual Live Seminars:
For members of Independent Community Banks of North Dakota, the price to send one (1) representative from your bank to a 2-day session is $950 and $600 for each additional representative. For banks that are not members of Independent Community Banks of North Dakota, the price to send one (1) representative from your bank is $1,400 and $1,000 for each additional representative.